Those wishing to apply must fulfill the following criteria:
- English speaking, mid-career level, practicing physicians with teaching responsibilities from Central and Eastern Europe, Central Asia and the former Soviet Union and Africa.
- Applicants from other countries must pay their own travel and accommodation. Board and tuition is provided by the organiser. A limited number of fellowships are available for applicants from other countries
- For first time applicants, the age requirement is between 30 and 45 years of age, and for seminar alumni who are reapplying, up to 50 years
- Certified specialist in the medical topic of the seminar or in final year of training
- Publications: in mother tongue, and particularly in English
- Uploaded proof of required documentation (see application process)
As of August 1, 2014 participants from many countries have to cover their own travel. Please see OMI SMSI Travel & Reimbursement Guidelines.
Application Process & Deadlines
Applications to seminars must be done online. It is only possible to apply to seminars with open deadlines. Please click on "Apply" in the Dates & Topics or go directly to the Online Application Platform.
- Open competition, selection based on merit
- 30 slots per seminar are available
- Equal representation of all countries whenever possible
- Cross-over seminars are offered just for Salzburg Medical Seminar alumni
Candidates will be notified if their application has been successful or not by email in due course.